Institutional Development Committee
April 9, 2011
Sylvia Hollow Horn
Christy Lone Elk
Chairperson Lori Broberg called the meeting to order at 10:10 A.M.
· Woksape-Cliff Delong
Approval of minutes-Motion to approve minutes was made by Cliff Delong and 2nd-Sylvia Hollow Horn. 12 in favor.
Policy Review Report-
· Reviewed Admission to teacher education program (Policy)
Motion to approve with revisions-Cliff Delong 2nd-Rainey Benson, 12 in favor.
· Reviewed Admission to Nursing Program (Policy)-Motion to approve with revisions-Cliff Delong, 2nd-Rainey Benson, 12 in favor.
· Reviewed Dorm Admission and Occupancy (Policy)-Lori Broberg advised to return back to committee for revision and bring back to May meeting.
· New internet connection from Golden West at Pine Ridge and Piya Wiconi
· Student laptops have been disbursed
· Pictels have been upgraded at the centers- able to operate another 3 years.
· Pejuta Haka may receive increased bandwidth- dependent on grant money
· Webmail Pro will be implemented in the fall-11 semester and replaces Tuxedo
· Will be working on Document Retention policy
· Will be going over the faculty needs survey
· Will be looking at purchasing three Promethean boards
· Faculty are wanting large format display for classrooms
· New laser printers for all centers have been ordered.
· Will be meeting with Golden West about broadcasting via cable so that KOLC can reach more homes.
· The Policy 62-105 Prohibition Against Full Time Outside Employment-passed the Piya Wiconi Okolakiciye Committee and is awaiting approval from the Board of Trustees.
Motion to adjourn made by Deig Sandoval, 2nd-Cliff Delong.
Meeting adjourned 11:00 A.M.