Federal Financial Aid
Federal Work Study
Students employed under the Federal Work Study (FWS) Program can work a maximum of twenty hours a week, depending
on the amount of the award. Students will be compensated at an amount equal to the Federal minimum wage rate.
The average award is $1,500.00 per student per semester but varies based on need.
Eligibility of Student
- Preference to students with greatest aid eligibility.
- At least half time students (except during the summer session).
- U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, or in the United States for other than a temporary purpose.
- Shows evidence of academic or creative promise and the capability of maintaining good standing.
- Not in Default/ or owe a refund to any Title IV programs.
- At least two work study students will be hired in each district college center.
- Assignment of FWS to district centers is contingent on satisfactory compliance by the center
in developing job descriptions, recruitment, supervision and evaluation.
Work Study Documents
Work Study Application
Work Study Timesheet Application